Remaha boiler help

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Remahae9, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

I have a remaha boiler and it is displaying error code e9. I have no hot water. Does anyone have any tips on how I could maybe fix it? It looks like the pressure is low (around 0.6).

is my best bet to get a professional in?

Thanks

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

That message technically states that return water temperature is too high or too low ! Does not really help narrow things.

But, do pressurise your system to around 1.25 bar and try again.

3. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Thanks for the reply. How would I do that?

4. It’s a low pressure fault that shuts off the boiler should the water pressure go below 0.6bar for safety reasons.

There are other reasons that fault can happen but as your pressure is showing 0.6 I’d guess it’s that and that’s the first thing to try.

Do you have a metal braided hose below the boiler with valves either end, normally with black handles on.

Attached Files:

5. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Thank you. Yes, I have exactly that. Is there something I can adjust on the hose or handles?

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Show us a pic of the hose and levers at both ends of it

7. So as it is the handles should both be off. To turn them on you turn the handles so that they are in line with the pipe, if they are at 90 degrees to the pipe they are off.
    What I would do is open one valve fully, then crack the other one open to fill the system slowly until it reaches about 1.2-1.4 bar. This should bring the boiler back on but if not there will be a reset button. Make sure both valves are turned off once boiler is at desired pressure.
    Hopefully, a top up in pressure is all it needs, but If the problem reoccurs you will need a gas safe engineer most likely, to look at why you are losing water or to check if the pressure transducer(sensor) is faulty as that’s a common problem on remehas.

Remahae9 likes this.
  8. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

So I have opened them both fully but the pressure isn’t increasing. What do you mean by crack the other one?

the e9 error code has disappeared but still no hot water.
    Appreciate the help mate.

9. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Here is the picture

Attached Files:

10. No I said don’t open them both fully, open one fully and crack the other one open, so just open it a tiny bit to allow water through. You risk overpressurising the system and causing more issues than u started with.
    Is there a reset button on the boiler, it might be a symbol of a flame with a cross through it. If so hold that in and reset boiler.

Remahae9 likes this.
  11. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Did you turn both black handles until they are in line with the pipes ? In your pic they are both in the closed position .

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  12. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Okay- I didn’t t know what crack meant. My bad.

Yes, I had them both fully open but put them back to closed before the picture.

Update is that the E9 has gone and I have hot water back! But the pressure has dropped to about 0.3. Should I try opening one fully and one a tiny bit again to increase pressure? Or leave it as is?
    Cheers

13. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Odd that pressure has dropped . Top up again to around 1.2 bar.
    If pressure drops again you are losing water from the system

14. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Yeah it’s strange. It barely went up at all but I think was because I had both open fully and not one only a bit. Max it got to was about 0.7. I will try it properly and see if it increases.

It’s tempting to leave it since everything seems to be working though.

15. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

You could leave it if you wish. At least you know how to top up if need be.

Remahae9 likes this.
  16. Remahae9

Remahae9 New Member

Thanks a lot for the help mate. Appreciate it.

terrymac likes this.
  17. I would top up to 1 .2 bar and monitor, if it drops again then you are losing water. Problem with leavbing at 0.7 bar is it doesnt take much for the pressure to drop to 0.6, even a cold night can make the pressure drop very slightly.

If it does happen again It could be a leak but normally you would see that. My guess if it continues to lose water is that the vessel is faulty and water is escaping through the PRV. This is a safety device that allows water to escape if needed, its a small copper pipe that normally goes through the wall to outside and you would likely see it dripping when the boilers running. Either that or the pressure sensor needs changing.

Timbo66 likes this.