Remove a toilet? Help!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by kpotter, Oct 16, 2003.

1. kpotter

kpotter New Member

Hi,

i would like to remove a downstairs toilet to turn the room into a cupboard / larder. I don't really want to make it too permanent in case a future owner wanted to convert it back. Is there a standard fitting that would go over the waste hole? It is a new house so presumably all the parts will be of a standard size.
    what do i need to take into account, would i be exposing an open drain?
    thanks for any help / advice.

2. Pipeman

Pipeman New Member

Yes you would be exposing an open drain if you go to a good builders merchant and buy a 4" drain plug you will be able to push this down and screw it up to make a seal then if any body wanted to convert back they could just take it out--its the sort they use for pressure testing drains -- hope this helps

3. mappman

mappman New Member

If you remove the toilet and you are left with a socket end on the 4"pipe you can buy a socket plug (Screwfix part no 18082) this merely pushes into the top of the pipe and hey presto airtight seal.

Hope this helps

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I see one of our village idiot is loose again, & I've just replied to a 15 year old post.[​IMG][​IMG].

just pumps and ramseyman like this.