Remove lining paper before chasing new electrics?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Alan Cowie, Feb 15, 2021.

Tags:
?

Remove lining paper before chasing?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alan Cowie

Alan Cowie New Member

Anyone got experience on how good a finish I can get chasing through lining paper and finishing chases on a lined wall?

I'm about to start a full rewire on our house. We moved in about 4 months ago and all rooms had been lined with thick lining paper before place was put on sale. I've had to strip lining paper off hall for other reasons, and walls are pretty rough. All sockets are currently in skirtings and light switches all to be moved.

I'd rather not remove lining paper as it looks to have been pretty well done and is new. We've a lot of other work to do and I'd rather not have to add re-lining to that, partly because I'm a bit **** at papering. Getting place skimmed would be the dream, but we can't afford that and skimming and full wall plastering is not something I'm up for myself. I've done fair bit of chasing and rewiring before with very good end results.

Appreciate your thoughts!

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Remove just the strip of lining where chase goes.. Then replace after.
    Might be wallrock thermal liner

Alan Cowie likes this.