Removing lid from low-flush toilet cistern

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Big G, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Big G

Big G Member

Can someone please tell me how to get the lid off a low-flush ROCA toilet cistern? The toilet itself is brand new and I want to paint down behind the cistern. I thought that cistern lids merely lifted off, however this one appears not to. It is one of the low-flush kind with two chrome push buttons on the top of it (as opposed to having a handle). I’ve tried sliding the lid off, but that doesn’t appear to work either, and there doesn’t appear to be any screws / bolts holding the lid down. Any help would be gratefully received.

2. Poggy

Poggy New Member

Hi,

If it the same as ours, lift out the two silver buttons. They are just loosely fitted. When you lift them out they have long plastic rods sticking out. If you look down the hole, you will see a screw holding the lid and flush assembly down.

Good luck

Poggy

3. brian

brian New Member

i was waiting for this question to be asked,

i have been to many homes were the customer has used a flat screw driver to get the lids off,
    and off coarse they have broke the top, opps

4. Poggy

Poggy New Member

The only reason I know is I just installed a new bathroom, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

Not sure why I have such a stupid user name, something must have gone wrong when I registered.

Poggy

5. johnnyvh

johnnyvh New Member

yes, the buttons on a roca toilet are just loosely fixed - so loose in fact that one of them stuck to my thumb just as i was flushing away a poo. Then it dropped into the pan and despite my desperate thrashings, it disappeared around the bend.
    does anyone know where I can get a new button before the missus gets back from plymouth?

6. ST.KITTS

ST.KITTS New Member

To remove cistern lid simply unscrew the whole housing of chrome push button,may need to replace whole thing mate never seen spare bits for sale, maybe you could swipe one from a bathroom showroom place .........E.

7. nandu

nandu New Member

Hi Johnny,

Did you manage to find a new set of Roca Toilet Flush Buttons? If so, can you please help me as where can I find one of those?

Basically, I've got the same problem as yours. Also the incident was also almost similar.

Your help is appreciated mate.

Thanks

Nandu.

8. Pompitous

Pompitous New Member

My local Colourwash bathrooms shop got me some