Removing radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tom Hoban, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Tom Hoban

Tom Hoban New Member

hello all

I want to remove a radiator an pipes too.
    I live in a flat all rads are the same level with drain off points on each one. The radiators are fed from two pipes that drop from the ceiling void.

Can I just drain off the one radiator I am working on? I want to avoid draining the whole system. I assume if If I drain off at the radiator I am working on then those pipes will be empty but the rest of the system be left full.
    The feeds that drop are plastic and then connected to copper via a silver coloured threaded connection. I want to blank off the plastic pipes and leave them above the ceiling. What do I need to buy to blank them off. Have searched all the plastic pipe fittings but they seem to be push fit. This silver item seems to have been factory attached to the plastic pipe.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

2. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

NO, all those pipes form part of a flow and return circuit. So you drain down the entire system and then fill up

3. Tom Hoban

Tom Hoban New Member

[​IMG] Thanks Dubsie. So would I need to go around and drain all of the points? Also did you have an idea of the blanking fitting I need? Hopefully I have attached the Photo correctly.

Attached Files:

4. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

just find the lowest point, drain off and then open all the air vents......ive not seen that pipe before. I would say its a 3/4 or 3/8 thread but you could cap off the copper with a 15mm stop end

5. Tom Hoban

Tom Hoban New Member

...Thanks. I’ve tracked (looking at imperial measurements)it down something to do with ended. Anyway I am fairly certain the thread is 1/2 inch BSp