Renault master interior light

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by JackB, Mar 16, 2010.

1. JackB

JackB New Member

Hi

I have a problem with my interior light, it comes on while I'm driving then fades out. It's like the one of the doors has come open and then closed. Could this be the switch in the doors or is it the timer? or whatever it is that controls them?

Thanks for any help.
    Malc

2. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

could be either bu most likely a switch. Disconnect both switches to see if the fault goes away, if it does put the switches back one at a time.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Don't know if it is the same as your vehicle, but some have a small rubber piece on the door that in turn pushes the door switch in when it is closed. This can be missing or worn(making the switch be almost activated even with the door shut. Maybe.

Replacing or gluing on something similar would sort it.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

My trafic is the same, it's the coutesy delay light switch on the side loaing door, you have to make sure it's properly closed.
    I haven't investigated it fully as a good slam usually sorts it.

5. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

"loading" even ;)

6. JackB

JackB New Member

Thanks for the replies, sorry I've not been back earlier but have been working away.
    While away I have been having a look at the switches, they are working ok. All of a sudden the light stopped working permanently. I thought the bulb had blown. Then two days later the light came back on while driving!! Also now if I stop the engine but leave the keys in and the headlights are on, the light warning alarm sounds as though the door is open.
    Does anyone know wher the unit is that controls the lighting?
    Malc

7. DaJanitor

DaJanitor New Member

Check the wiring on switches and on the light fitting itself. Perhaps loose connection?

8. JackB

JackB New Member

Just an update in case anyone else has the same kind of problem.
    I found the sliding door of the van would not lock automatically, the relay plunger arm was not moving, after removing & checking that it was working ok I found the problem was on the contacts on where the door closes, there are two plungers in the edge of the door which get the power from two metal contacts on the van body. Once I'd cleaned them up the door would lock fine. I then found that the internal lighting was working as it should be.
    Thanks for all the replies