Render mix

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pete12, Jan 26, 2006.

1. nicknuv

nicknuv New Member

Robbo, that is excellent stuff, used it in summer on a refurb.

2. Would not get chance to use it as stocks of materials in so far as choices are concerned are far more limited than in the U.K. However on the upside the materials that are available mean that working with sand and cement with added lime and waterproofer (for the record) and the ability to ashlar, and form all manner of quoins and window reveals/bands etc take far more skill than the average plasterer that is thrown on to society with no more ability than to throw up a bit of plasterboard and skim it to a half decent squint eyed observed passable fashion.
    Charlie Farlie a mate of mine ...you could not be further from the truth.

3. nicknuv

nicknuv New Member

Strange you don't get it in Ireland...it's ultimately made by Saint Gobain who are french.

I agree with you about decorative work and monkey spreads. I'm glad I'm not one.

4. slapiton

slapiton New Member

only me again, forgot about the freshly ground black pepper in that recipie nicknuv. opened a can of all the same.

5. nicknuv

nicknuv New Member

And the juice of one lemon...

6. And the sperm of a mole

7. nicknuv

nicknuv New Member

I wouldn't fancy extracting that one Robbo...

8. madidus

madidus New Member

Quite easy if its a prolific mole.

9. jps

jps New Member

so after you scrach coat with sand and cement the top coat will be 5/1/1 thats 5 sand 1 cement 1 lime dash of waterproofer can you use a TYROLEAN GUN to apply the top coat say in 2/3 passes then thats it done or will i have to trowel it on first then use the tyrolean gun gust as a finisher

10. Big Jumbo

Big Jumbo New Member

"hence the regulation washing up liquid when brickies do privates."

Much too much information ....some things are best left unspoken.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

?????????????????????????????