Rented house inspection.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by yorkshireboy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. yorkshireboy

yorkshireboy Member

I have a small house which I am renting out with an agent who says I will need an electrical inspection before they will let it.
    The wiring seems up to date but the fuseboard is the old rewirable type and there is bonding to the gas pipe and water(not to boiler)
    Do I need to get a new cu fitted before the inspection?

2. 20mm Nipple

20mm Nipple Member

No, but the PIR will probably have in its recommendations that the sockets can be used for external use therefore need to be RCD protected.

3. dimlec

dimlec New Member

Phone around for quotes for a periodic inspection REPORT.
    Once on site you can agree limitations for the report,i.e insulation resistance decent spark will do a full report at a fixed price and let you know of any works that have brought to light a need for attention.
    This will then go down as remedial work at an extra cost.
    You do not need a new consumer unit ,unless the spark condemns it,which he would do in the report also giving reason to condemn it.
    And bear in mind,this is a REPORT you are asking for not a certificate and is does not have to be done by an nic registered member.