Repaint picnic table

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Jay459, May 16, 2019.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

This picnic table was bought two years ago, had two coats of teak stain but was poor job.

Want to paint it, possibly white base with grey tops might look good but I want a durable finish, something that is wipe clean and can withstand the pressure washer. See this picnic table with very durable finish. How is that achieved?

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Active Member

If it’s actually teak, just give it a good blast with a pressure washer and it will look nearly new.

4. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

No way is that Teak :p.............Cuprinol Garden Shades is rubbish :(...........use Sadolin Superdec, good opacity and available in a wide range of colours. Clean the wood with a hard bristle brush and a rub over with 120 grit sandpaper followed by 2 coats of Superdec and the jobs a goodun! ;)

5. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Active Member

Yes, looking at grain/knots it isn’t teak. But a powerful pressure washer might still be the easiest way to clean it up before refinishing.

Astramax likes this.
  6. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Yes it’s just a cheap homemade table that has been stained, I’ve got some stain remover that I will apply then clean and sand.

Might do the bottom white with table and seat tops grey.

I want to get that durable plasticky finish that will withstand pressure washer, what is this year, clear varnish or what lol