Replacement FF recommendations??? Continuous problems with Hotpoint.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by CosRush, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CosRush

CosRush New Member

Having been plagued with problems from my brand new Hotpoint fridge freezer that they not only do not fix but make us wait months each time, we are considering junking it and buying a different make.

Can anybody please recommend a better manufacturer?

Thanks in advance to all replies.

2. notarehearsal

notarehearsal New Member

Fitted a zanussi this week when fitted noticed slight damage inside fridge supplier was going to deliver a new one on friday now coming on tuesday due to the weather.
    Customer service good.Fitted plenty without problem. Hope this helps.

3. CosRush

CosRush New Member

Thanks for the reply.

4. Planet Niton

Planet Niton Member

See my recent post about changing door direction on new Bosch. I recently researched fridge freezers on the net and there do seem to be a lot of problems with frost-free models, as opposed to auto-defrost. For frost free f/f, there is a fan that cuts in every 15mins 24/7 to circulate the air and stop frost forming. Reports on net say that this is frequently very noisy in operation and also often has parts that get chipped on formation of ice around fan and have to be replaced. For this reason, the insurance on frost free f/f is double the insurance on ordinary auto defrost models....seems to me like this option has not yet been perfected. They also uses more energy to run.

Fridges seem to be generally more and more flimsy, with some of the interior fittings less robust than food packaging! One company to definietly avoid is Beko - very bad reports on their product quality and customer service.

5. CosRush

CosRush New Member

Thanks for your reply.

:)