Replacement for an Aqualisa?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sinewave, Aug 29, 2012.

1. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Got an existing Aqualisa unit which although OK and working is not overly good IMHO.

What would the collective recomend as a replacement?

Needs to be surface mount as existing tiled wall, pressured Hot & Cold available in ceiling void above.

Ta muchly!  :)

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

If you are used to having an Aqualisa shower, anything else will pale comparatively (well).
    Replace with a surface mounted Aqualisa shower

3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Already got a surface mounted Aqualisa and it's toss TBH so why would I want to instal another one?

I've got mains pressure Hot & Cold above the ceiling so reckon a surface mounted tube in tube shower with a standard mixer valve may prove better if they exist?

4. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

They exist.
    Thats what the Internet is for. You can get anything you want, even girls, HONEST.
    If you are prepared to look, you will find the tube type shower on the net.

Ova to tomasplumbas. Help him will you tom!

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

dunno pajamaman, there's sooo many differant showers, its a minefield, the best way to pick is go round the showrooms and find one you like, then see if its compatable to your system, and go from there, tube in tube types that I've seen have a digital control box up above, so the water mixes there and you have a remote control, highly newfangle and works well, but £sssssssssssss,

6. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Well that's exactly what an Aquilisa does!

It's the mixing in the box in the loft that Feks it up I reckon?

Better if the lectronix are feked off and a mixer valve in the shower area is employed?