Replacement worktop & doors

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by clazzy, Dec 10, 2020.

1. clazzy

clazzy New Member

What's the average cost to replace a single worktop (I already have this) and put 3 cupboard doors on in a kitchen (which I also have)?

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

IMG_0736.JPG

I-Man and Dam0n like this.
  3. Okoak

Okoak Active Member

Type of worktop?
    Size?
    Does it have cutouts for hob or sink?
    Does it have to join another worktop?
    Are the walls tiled?
    Is there reasonable access to the kitchen and somewhere large enough and flat enough to set up some benches to cut the worktop?
    How close can the fitter park his van?
    These are just a few of the questions for which the answers would determine the cost.

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

kitfit1 and Jord86 like this.
  5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

With such a rich mine of information within the opening post, how could anyone give a reasonably accurate answer?

kitfit1 likes this.
  6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I had no idea that the Welsh had dropped prices that low................covid must be worse in Wales than i thought :eek:

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  7. clazzy

clazzy New Member

Thank you for this, I apologise for the lack of info in the initial post I am just clueless and didn't know what to ask, so thank you for posing these questions to me. It is a laminate worktop, about 225cm long and 60cm wide. There is a cutout for the sink and there is a metal strip where it would join to another worktop. There are no walls involved and there is reasonable access. The fitter can park right outside as there is free on street parking.
    Thanks OkOak

8. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

If everything is straight forward, 1/2 a day? Rate depends on where you live, that would be around £125 in my area. If there a materials needed like clamps or router bit, they could charge extra for those.

clazzy likes this.
  9. clazzy

clazzy New Member

Thank you very much!

10. Okoak

Okoak Active Member

Sounds like a Saturday morning cash job to me, £130

11. Alex0908

Alex0908 New Member