Replacing a shower - can I do it?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tinderstick, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Tinderstick

Tinderstick New Member

Hi

I'm looking to replace a shower. The job will be a straight swap like-for-like - remove old faulty unit put in new same model

I'm a fairly competent diyer but never done a shower before. Looking at the instructions its difficult to see what could go wrong though :)

My question is: could it prove more difficult than first appears and will doing it myself make the installation Part P non-compliant?

2. ecm

ecm New Member

If it's like for like replacement Part P don't come into play. If you feel confident give it a whirl, if you come unstuck you can always ask for advice or call the pros in.

:)

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Just be nice and gentle with the pipework etc, there is not usually much access and you don't want to twist it and end up having to dig the wall out.

IF it is a straight swap for an identical model it should be OK, "similar" models can be a pain with mounting holes in different places etc.

4. Tinderstick

Tinderstick New Member

Thanks folks

Yes it does say be careful not to tighten the plumbing to much in the destructions - thanks Leaky!