Replacing electric meter seal

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by StupidSteve, Sep 4, 2013.

1. StupidSteve

StupidSteve New Member

SOMEONE cut the little seal to the electric meter outside after it was disconnected.  possibly also removed the 2 plastic covers over the meter connection prongs.  only 2 out of the 4 were covered and both are lost!   how can i fix this before the meter guy comes and i pay to have electric restored?   can i buy this stuff at a local electric supply or not? trying to minimize the the fines and legal issues,   it ran power for 2 days.   btw ya i know im stupid,  im desperate and i have a child.  all help is days/weeks away

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

who disconnected it ?

if you've done nothing stupid, or illegal you have nothing to worry about - whoever comes to repair/replace/resupply will reseal

3. J.P.

J.P. New Member

4. StupidSteve

StupidSteve New Member

thanks!   1 sleeve is all that was found from the 2 the power company covered the male prongs with that connect the meter.  1 was put back but electric came back on in minutes.  just pull meter out to unplug it or can i buy theese small sleeves?   yikes.   i just want the meter off,  having a cut tag is bad enough  :(

5. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

thanks for clarifying that

6. StupidSteve

StupidSteve New Member

can these items be bought at a local electric supply place ?   meter safety lock, special tool for safety lock and the little sleeves that cover the male side prongs where meter plugs in?

7. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

That's a bit of a hole you've dug for yourself there...

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Rather an apt user name there OP!