Replacing IMIT Thermostat

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by kidfromkibbly, Jan 16, 2020.

1. kidfromkibbly

kidfromkibbly New Member

Hi folks,

Moved into an older property recently with a gas central heating system. We'll be upgrading at some point in the next 12 months, but something that is bugging me is the room thermostat being used.

It's an old IMIT T50II:

[​IMG]

and it's currently wired as such:

[​IMG]

It's mounted in the hallway, near a draughty kitchen door. I'd like to put in a newer model thermostat and extend the wiring to site it in the living room for more accurate heating control.

I'm looking at getting the Drayton Digistat+ as it's also a 2 wire installation, so seems like a good replacement. I've noticed though it mentions in the Q&A that "The Digistat+ is compatible with all boilers but please note the switch rating is 2(1)A."

On the IMIT it's marked as being 16A(2,5)

I'd appreciate any help in explaining if this means the Drayton is not compatible with the circuit, or what steps I need to take to correctly wire in the Drayton. Thanks!

ps. boiler is also wired to a Flash programmer unit seen here:

[​IMG]

2. Philip Hyde

Philip Hyde Active Member

Its difficult to say without knowing what its wired into on the boiler and Type of boiler make and model

3. kidfromkibbly

kidfromkibbly New Member

No problem, it's the Baxi Bermuda GF3 Super.

[​IMG]

I can try get a shot of the wiring on the unit this evening.

4. kidfromkibbly

kidfromkibbly New Member

Just clicked that that is just the front fire to the boiler :rolleyes:

Will look at boiler for model number later.

5. kidfromkibbly

kidfromkibbly New Member

The back boiler is a Baxi 552

Manual says its supplied 240V~50Hz with 3A fuse. I can't safely get a photo of the actual wiring, but there appears to be a schematic in the manual.

Any guidance on the Drayton being compatible appreciated!