repressurising valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Paul Guymer, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Paul Guymer

Paul Guymer New Member

After bleeding my radiators I went to repressurise the heating system but have found two screw slots on the repressurising valve. Do I need to turn both? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

1. One of them is for testing the non-return (check) valve and should NOT be turned.
    2. However, from your photo, I can't tell which is which.
    3. I suspect the one you want is the lower one.
    4. If you turn it 1/4 turn, so that the slot lines up with the pipe, water should flow into the boiler. Try this, only turning 90 degrees. If you hear the water going in, that's the right one.
    5. If it isn't that one, try the other one, but under no circumstances turn it more than 1/4 turn or you'll get very wet.
    6. Whichever one is the correct one for re-pressurising, make sure:
    6a. It ends up with the slot at right angles to the pipe.
    6b. You tighten the other one fully if you slacken it.

Paul Guymer likes this.
  3. Paul Guymer

Paul Guymer New Member

4. Paul Guymer

Paul Guymer New Member

Many thanks Andy48, I will give it a try tomorrow.

5. marlene swiegers

marlene swiegers New Member

please help i am in Parkstone and need someone who can remove rads iso expensive flushes which were done by B Gas with no success Marlene

6. Notnowvicar

Notnowvicar Screwfix Select

1. What is the issue ? and 2 if BG did a job and it hasn't worked call them back, the have a work guarantee.

7. marlene swiegers

marlene swiegers New Member

thank you so much for your reply

BG installed the combi boiler and we had a service contract with them they wore me down
    they are notoriously bad round here many many visits now its worse yhan ever if i never see them again it will be too soon...I just want advice what should i request in the job i only want the rads cleaned out for starters

you seem mature dedicated and knowledgable so i asked you thx