Reversing radiator bracket on wall

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DIY_Has123, Feb 27, 2022.

1. DIY_Has123

DIY_Has123 Active Member

Currently fitting tall skirting boards (21cm) and the radiator brackets are in the way.

I would have to cut out a small section on the top of the skirting to fit around them.

If I flip the radiator bracket upside down (has hooks on both ends) I would only have to shave down around half cm from top of skirting board and would save me a lot of hassle.

Is this okay? The brackets on the back of radiator that hook onto these wall brackets are always adjustable up or down.

Attached Files:

2. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

1. Are the slots at the top and bottom of the brackets equally spaced from the wall?
    1a. If they are, I can't see why you can't do what you want to do.
    1b. If they are differently spaced you would have to flip the top brackets as well.
    2. If the channel sections fixed to the radiator can be moved up or down, could you not just move the bottom pair up?

3. Martyn21uk

Martyn21uk Member

This, just adjust where the clamp on your radiator is and move the bracker up enough to clear the skirting board.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that by turning your bracket upside down you are going to need to move the clamps up anyway?!