Right angle converter for screwdriver bits

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Steve da Geez, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Steve da Geez

Steve da Geez New Member

Hello,

Does anybody have any recommendations for a 90 (or perhaps better, 45) degree converter for screwdriver bits? I need to put in a lot of screws and this would make life about a million times easier!

Thanks for reading.

Steve.

2. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

use your screwfix book to look for this product

3. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

on page 78

4. lamello

lamello New Member

If you have got loads to do at different angles why not get a bosch 10.8v angle drill. Use it and then ebay it.

5. Wayne K

Wayne K New Member

They are rubbish, I tried one of the better ones & it fell to pieces in no time at all, I think I got about 40 30mm screws out of it, they are also rubbish to work with, better to buy an angle gun.

6. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling New Member

I find a flexi driver comes in handy for this kind of thing.

7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I tried one of those 45 degree drivers to fix a bomb trolley....Absolute sh..e.

8. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i have the bosch 10.8 angle driver its quality but i also have one the milwaukee adaptors that its about 20 mm so it can get in anywhere

lee

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you're fixing at an angle it is difficult to put on a lot of pressure so I would suggest using a T star or Torx screw head with a flexible or 45 degree driver.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

These are good or you could find your own suppliers and sizes

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

12. evo nut

evo nut New Member

what are????

13. evo nut

evo nut New Member

yep i've used them they are good

everyone seems to be reducing the cost of them are they going to stop making??

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

what are????

You're quick.:)

15. Steve da Geez

Steve da Geez New Member

Hello again,

Thanks for all the responses. I should have given more information. I will be using Spax screws. I've tried a flexible driver - Rubbish! I don't have a printed catalogue, so I don't know what's on page 78 - Is this it?:
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/30439/Screwdriver-Bits/Bit-Holders/Flexi-Screwdriver-Bit-Holder

Thanks for the Milwaukee tip. Is this the thing?:
    http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-49-22-8510-Right-Angle-Attachment/dp/B000BYEJ02

That certainly looks the business. I don't mind spending money on decent tools, if they will get me out of trouble.

Thanks again.

Steve.

16. nigel

nigel Guest

17. andy@trend

andy@trend New Member

18. handcraft

handcraft New Member

hey andy i had your angle driver attachment and it was well made just a little big the milwaukee is really well made its lasted me ages

lee