Right, ladies and gentlemen, the UK's

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jul 18, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh, that's good, blummin marvellous, coming from the one who pretends (your only winding us up, aren't you) to cast hatred, cynicism, bigotry and bitterness on all that voted for leaving the beurocratic monstrosity that is the, EU.
    Oh, and the Tories that are the best hope we have of achieving such a goal.

You wouldn't be jealous in any way that their still in power, are you?

Who else do we have, Corby? :confused:
    I think we at least see eye to eye on that point!

2. Ooooh, that would be a good point, Longs - if only I had cast these aspersions on 'all' who voted leave.

You got to hand it to me, I only do so at those who have given just cause.

As you (and the u-s) have repeatedly done on this forum.

I'm well fair, me.

And I believe you are all that I have accused you of being.

Yuck.

3. Rats, Filly - I really thought I got away with it, but - damn - that picture of the shovel really shows you've seen right through me.

Hey, why bother to retaliate using wit and reason when a - chuckle - funny pic from t'net will do it much more eloquently, eh?

4. Yes, I agree.

So you looked at it rationally?

How many benefits versus disadvantages did you find? None? Or some, but not enough to convince you ?

Your answer, which you dont have to say, will show you your answer to your question. Wont it ?

I am sure you agree it is a pity that others on your side of the argument are beginning to throw the little insults and digs rather than answer . In fairness you do stay more adult

5. Now that is true irony.

Your comment and your picture.

:eek:

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I hold my hands up, it's a fair cop, guv. You've got me.
    Maybe the word 'all' was over egging it a bit, so to be accurate I should have used 'majority', yes that's better.
    Let's not get bogged down with petty semantics, eh?
    Nice try though.

And still, Harry's point stands.

7. Which of 'arry's many prostrate points is this?

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I believe it was this one:

"Interesting how remainers keep making imaginary arguments against brexit, but they never seem to put forward any valid arguments for staying in."

longboat likes this.
  9. But you said his point stands.

10. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

No he didn't...longs did.
    Having trouble reading?
    :p

11. Forgive me if the u-s sometimes blend in as one. :(

12. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Probably a factor of your own prejudice eh ;)

longboat likes this.
  13. Ok, because its relevant right now.

A benefit (or not?) Of EU. Food standards.

Do we lower ours post brexit to help a US trade deal, but then make it harder to deal with Europe?

Are higher standards good (a benefit ?) Or not?

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Are you saying American horsemeat is a poorer quality than European horsemeat?

Good news about BMW by the way, I also note the Citys recruitment figures are up 17% on this time last year.

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Are the, EU food standards better than the UK's were before we joined? I would say yes to that.
    Would we have similar standards now, had we not joined? Probably.
    Will the UK's exit from the European Union mean we must produce and consume lower grade food? Probably not.

download.png

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Whats the good news, Filly?

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Bayerische Moteren Werke have announced that will be building an electric Mini, in............................Oxford.
    It's all bad news innit.

longboat likes this.
  19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Ah, I see. :)
    Don't count ya chickens just yet.
    You know the drill by now, surely?
    Any good news is attributed to us still being in the, EU.
    All thats bad in the world is because of brexit!
    Please keep up. :D

fillyboy likes this.
  20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I thought it was a good news story when I heard a snippet on the wireless today, but, no doubt about it, it's being downplayed in certain quarters of the media.

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - BMW on Tuesday said it had chosen its plant in Oxford, England as the location to produce an electric Mini from 2019, confirming an earlier Reuters report.

BMW's management board, which met on Tuesday, considered several locations for building a zero-emissions version of its compact city car, including Born, the Netherlands and a location in Germany, before choosing Britain.

"The electric MINI’s electric drivetrain will be built at the BMW Group’s e-mobility center at Plants Dingolfing and Landshut in Bavaria before being integrated into the car at Plant Oxford, which is the main production location for the MINI 3 door model," BMW said in a statement.

Mini makes around 60 percent of its approximately 360,000 compact cars a year at Oxford, but BMW has built up an alternative manufacturing base in the Netherlands amid concerns about Britain's suitability as an export hub after Brexit.

A spokesman for BMW said on Tuesday the group had not received any reassurances from the British government over post-Brexit trading arrangements.