Rigid 90deg bend from pan into flexible connector

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gavin Rafferty, May 31, 2018.

1. Gavin Rafferty

Gavin Rafferty New Member

Hi all,

Just a really quick question, can I use a rigid 90deg soil bend straight onto the toilet pan and down into a flexi connector?
    The reason I want to do it this way is this will give me the correct fall for my long soil pipe?

Thanks

2. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Any pan connector will need to go into 110mm, not a bare socket.
    So if you have a socket end to the pan, you then need a piece of 110mm soil pipe into the fitting.
    Also consider using a 90 degree M&F bend - tight, smaller bend if required . It can allow you to use the ‘pipe’ end of bend up through floors to keep the soil pipe as high as possible so to allow a good fall

3. Gavin Rafferty

[​IMG]

Thanks Heat...I've attached a photo so you can see what the current situation is...the end of the wc outlet is the same diameter all the way along.

IMG_7376.jpg

4. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Why the need of a flexi McAlpine?
    Can you not just do it all in ordinary soil pipe, to as far as the final pan connection (whether you can use a suitable 90 degree pan connector, or a straight pan connector going into a soil pipe bend) ?

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Why not a McAlpine WCCON-8F? Pan connector, 90deg bend and Flexi all in one. The flexi then goes straight into your underground 90. There are a coupl eof variants too, with extended front to back coupling disctances and lenghts of flexi.

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-connectors/flexible-wc-connectors shows the flexi connectors and from there you can access all their others too.

6. Gavin Rafferty

Thanks Heat, so I needed a flexi because there's a wall under the toilet creating a bit of an offset. (sorry not on drawing)

Pollowick, you're dead right a WCCON - 8F would have been better but due to a few changes in plan I've ended up with the straight Mcalpine which is now at full stretch. That's why I'm wondering if I can put a rigid 90 push-fit onto the ceramic wc outlet and down into the flexi that I currently have?
    Thanks guys

7. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

As above, you MUST use a pan connector onto the ceramic. Are you using an EXTA-F or EXTB-F at present? If so, compress it down and use a CON8F or standard right angle.

If not, what flexi is fitted so far? And also is there a rodent barrier at some point?

8. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Obviously I can’t know exactly your situation, but would it have been possible to avoid using the flexi and instead use 110mm pipe and offset fittings?
    I have managed to never use flexi soil connections. They are a fairly modern option and overused in my opinion.

just pumps likes this.