rigid units vs flat pack?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by mrtutz, Oct 13, 2008.

1. wise uncle

wise uncle New Member

the legs

So what if i glue the dowels during construction. Now it's as strong as a rigid carcase.

2. yea thanks its my first attempt got to play arount with it a bit yet

3. yea that would help but i cant emagin to many diys using the glue when there is also a pin and cam system there but i have built many flat pack units from all them company and some off them is like screwing into weetabix there chipboard is terrible but look good

4. wise uncle

wise uncle New Member

How did you find a quality supplier? Did you go direct to manufacturer or retailer.
    I've been looking into custom made kitchens, but trying to find a supplier is like gold dust.

5. well i can tell you i have used custom made kitchens and find no falt with them at all all edges are taped steel shelf pins 2 shelf in every wall unit and they make any size of unit u want can get a bit pricy if it ent standered but janice is very nice woman to talk to she be at the end of the phone if you ring them.

6. wise uncle

wise uncle New Member

How did you find your supplier, I looked into William ball a while ago. but they were after to much of a minimum monthly sale.

7. i get the kbb review mag every month they keep me up to date on who hot and who not but at the back of there mag you will find a list of door and carcass suppliers, bet in these time william ball would be glad of your buisness.

8. wise uncle

wise uncle New Member

cheers i'll look into it. If you can put any good links up id appreciate it.

9. hohohoho

hohohoho New Member

GrandDesignKitchens.com

A quote from your testimonials page:

"Hi i came across grand design kitchens through google on the internet 6 months ago and
    had my kitchen design and fitted by them to the last detail the whole thing took about 3 week
    from start to finish i must say they where very professional and well mannered everything went
    to there plan and all was finish in 3 days very highly recommended .

JERRY AND BARABRA 12/05/08

You should use genuine testimonials mate. Your website wasnt even running 6months before the date in that testimonial ;)

look here: http://www.whois-search.com/whois/granddesignkitchens.com

that domain was first registered on 11th august 08.

10. Vinnie,
    Nice looking website.

Do you have any pictures of actual installs, it would be great if you could match up the testimonials to some pics?

11. cosworth

cosworth New Member

hohoho. are you columbo in disguise. great detective work i like it. loves a scandal me. eagerly awaiting the reply.

12. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

id say theres nowt in it really. You can get a regular flat pack 4 legged unit and stand on it, what more do you need?

I just ordered a rigid kitchen and asked for most of them to be assembled without glue, sods law the ones i didnt i now need to take apart...

13. sorry didn't get back sooner to this do you people want names and numbers of my customers granddesignkitchens is me i been design suppling and fitting for the past 22 years now if i want to up my emage and get on the net thingy and run with the pack no harm in trying most of the guys on here sounds like lawyers not kitchen fitters as for the kitchens i have loads of pic of my work i done but wouldn't use then on the website they ain't good enough for presentation pic its all to do with the lighting am a fitter not a photographer sorry about the speling