Forum Support Rogue new members

Discussion in 'Support' started by robgul, Jul 4, 2020.

1. robgul

robgul Active Member

We seem to have someone, probably the same person, that keeps registering and then posting stupid or offensive stuff - they do seem to get deleted but perhaps some method of control may be in order?

Another forum I belong to allows joining but then restricting the first new post from the person for 7 days - not ideal but could be a deterrent?

Rob

2. robgul

robgul Active Member

Ah - the offender seems to have been removed while I was typing the above message. Good . . . but I guess he/she will be back

3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

This has been going on for some time. It does appear to be the same person under different guises as the posts are very similar, mostly nonsensical childish rubbish. At a loss to know how someone's life can be so empty as to need to do this, perhaps it's the only way they can get themselves noticed. I do wonder if they are self aware enough to realise this; if they are aware of this they must have very low self esteem, if they aren't they must be very stupid.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Mental health problem or personally disorder. They probably know they have problems but that's just how some people are. It's the abuse and horrible posts that appear here that get in the way but I just ignore until it's sorted. I expect more to come

5. I-Man

I-Man Active Member

No doubt they'll keep on trying with new accounts. I mean of all places.. The screwfix forum!!

Gotta laugh at how desperate they are to getting the attention of DIY /building nerds like us.

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just keep calm and ring the bell..That's Repot...Helps the moderators