Ronseal Tile Paint???

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by ihaventaclue, Aug 15, 2004.

1. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue New Member

Ive just tried out this new Ronseal One Coat Tile Paint.

Im also chuffed to say im really pleased with the result, especially as it was a revolting fireplace that would have been ripped out, but for this wonder-paint.

My only query with it is, after a wee discussion with some friends about it, one of them pointed out that, apparently tiles on fireplaces are made of some kind of heat resistant material... ive now thrown out the tin so i cant check if it is suitable or not.

So am going to find it melting down the sides of the fireplace when its lit, during those arctic conditions that are impending on us???

2. PowerTool

PowerTool New Member

ALL tiles are heat resistant to some extent,as clay is fired in a kiln to rather high temperatures to bake as part of the manufacturing process,then fired again when glaze is applied.
    I would be surprised if your tiles ever get hot enough to affect the paint (assuming you mean on fireplace/hearth and not firebricks)

3. osullivanmc

osullivanmc New Member

I know this is an ancient thread but just wondering how that tile paint held up around the fireplace?! Thinking of doing similar as removing old tiled fireplace surround isn't an option (rented accommodation) but painting some/all of the tiles might be...