Roofing Job Question - Pointing

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by JoS18891, Mar 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. JoS18891

JoS18891 New Member

Hi, I've recently had my lead valley replaced with fibreglass due to a leak, and when I was looking at it today I noticed that they've pointed over where the concrete tiles join - which I thought is where the water should run off? Am I over-worrying or should I try and remove some of the pointing so that water can escape between the tiles?

There's a picture here:
    [​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/r5GmCbY

[​IMG]

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

What a mess. Needs to be redone

3. JoS18891

JoS18891 New Member

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your reply - do you think rain will build up in the gap and it will leak? If that's the case can I fix it myself by removing parts of the pointing?

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Looks like a complete bodge and will likely leak. Water in that gap has no where to go, and if it does find a way through, can only think it the only place it can go is down into the roof space and into the house. I'm no roofer, but think the tales need to be on *top* of the valley.

5. JoS18891

JoS18891 New Member

Thanks Hans, it sounds like I better get them back to fix it.

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Post photos of the wider area rather than close ups before anyone sets the wicker basket on fire.

7. JoS18891

JoS18891 New Member

It's ok, I just sent this photo to them and asked if they could have another look as I'm concerned about it being able to drain and there's also some cracked tiles they've just laid, they're going to come see it next week. I'm not exactly a fan of confrontation... Thank you for your help everyone.