Rothenberger oxygen canister

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by weeleyboy, Oct 8, 2018.

1. weeleyboy

weeleyboy New Member

I was recently given a Rothenberger Roxyplus soldering/brazing kit and having seen the price of a replacement oxygen cylinder I understand why! I purchased a replacement propane cylinder which looks cheap compared with oxygen cylinder. The Oxyturbo oxygen cylinder is less than half the price of the Rothenberger one but says it cannot be used on other systems. Is there any reason why I can't use the oxyturbo cylinder if I get an oxyturbo regulator and connect the Rothenberger hose to this regulator? A new regulator and cylinder would still cost less than a Rothenberger oxygen canister and would make subsequent oxygen supplies much cheaper.

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

The Oxyturbo Turbo Set 90, Mini portapack 110,which I have, are identical to the Rothenberger 35740 120L Roxy Kit, all use the same 110 bar 930ml / 136g oxygen cylinder, so I can't see what is the problem.

And oxygen regulator will fill any 110 bar cylinder,as thread is standard M12 x 1 RH Thread, so should be no need to change yours.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

One thing have crossed my mind, Rothenberger being sneaky & using a different thread size on their oxygen regulator,compared to the standard size M12 x 1 RH Thread.

Mapp cylinder thread is 1" UNEF,if my memory is correct.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  5. weeleyboy

weeleyboy New Member

So would it be a problem to use the oxyturbo regulator and connect the rothenberger hose to it?

6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Most likely the Rothenberger regulator will fit the Oxyturbo oxygen cylinder without any issues,& there no need to buy the Oxyturbo regulator, buy a Oxyturbo oxygen cylinder & try it.

But if there is a issue, I then can't see any problem using a oxyturbo regulator and connect the rothenberger hose to it, as regardless of brands, it's the same item?

7. weeleyboy

weeleyboy New Member

Thanks Kiab, I couldn't see why using a different regulator on the hose should be a problem. The Rothenberger oxygen cylinder has a left hand thread.

8. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

M10 left hand thread.

Just being bludy awkward in my opinion not using a standard M12 RH thread as found on Oxyturbo oxygen canisters.

9. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

You can get M10 Female To M12 Male adaptor,so Rothenberger regulator use M12 oxygen bottles.