Round corners - Wickes kitchen

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by e30mark, Nov 2, 2008.

1. e30mark

e30mark Member

Got some solid Bamboo worktops to cut with a approx 180 radius corner. Don't suppose anyone knows where i can beg / borrow / buy a template? I've tried my local worktop suppliers, but don't have one in the correct radius.

I did find this useful website though! *

[Edited by: admin6]

2. Kitchen Chaos

Kitchen Chaos New Member

Have you considered making a jig out of a bit of 18mm?

I guess you mean a half circle radii across the width? All you would need is some board, a router and some string to tie to a fixing. You just shorten/lengthen the string to suit. String needs to be of a non stretch type though like blue nylon type.

3. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Some worktop jigs have a radiused corner on them which you could use.......

Failing that, get a bit of batten and screw it to the base of your worktop router after having removed the 30mm guide bush. Then, plunge the router through the batten and determine from here what your radius is going to be. Drill a hole through the batten at this point and screw the batten down to the underside of the worktop - not too tight but enough to hold it. Then just make several passes from left to right until you removed all of the material.

You'll get a perfect arc and cutting it with a router will ensure a pretty damn good finish.

Have fun :)

http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Bamboo worktops :( dent dent dent....