Running hot and cold feed to kitchen island

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Sikon, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Sikon

Sikon New Member

Morning folks.

Currently renovating the kitchen and I’m after some advice on the best way to run hot and cold to a kitchen island for a sink and a dishwasher.

Floor construction is type 1, sand blinding, DPM, PIR insulation. There will be another layer of DPM and then 65mm concrete screed.

Plumber wants to lay the slab, then channel it, then lay the pipes, then concrete over again, but before we lay the slab, should I use this opportunity to get the plumber to lay conduit in the PIR ready for 15mm Hep2O? Or is it best to run it through the concrete slab? Any suggestion on the best type to use? I don’t know if it’s two separate conduits (one for hot, one for cold) or stick them in a 50mm waste pipe.

I’d prefer hep2o because it’s flexible and one straight run and easier to replace if there is an issue (although I’m sure copper solder joins would be fine). Just personal preference.

Cheers!