Ryzen 2, who is looking forward to the next few months ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kitfit1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

I know.

[​IMG]

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Been looking at X570 boards prices.[​IMG]

Gigabyte AORUS PRO £265:99p

Gigabyte Gaming X £182:99p

Gigabyte AORUS ULTRA £299:99p

And I dread to think what Asrock prices will be.:(

Going to be going hungry [​IMG]

And ideally a Ryzen 3900X £479.99 [​IMG] :(

Will be starving,if I spend close to £800:D

3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

Well, i'm very glad that i decided to just wait for the 3950x in September.
    This launch is the most shambolic launch of a major product i think i have ever witnessed. So called reviewers that have no idea what version of Windows to install, no idea what bios to use on any given mobo, not even bothering to check they have all the Intel mitigations installed on the rig they are comparing with.
    Considering this is THE most anticipated and important launch of a CPU series in at least 10 years........................................the so called professionals are shown up up for what they really are. Money grabbing U tubers that know sod all about how to run and clock a CPU.

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Been giving it some thought,think it's better to wait for the 3950X,in the long run, it's the better option,more future proof,but also want to see what new Threadripper is like, before parting with my cash.

5. kitfit1

Threadripper will be at least double the core count of the 3950x, it also won't be released for at least a couple of months after the 3950x......................................just get the 3950x, ya know it makes sense :D

6. BikerChris

BikerChris Member

Only my 2 pence, but I'm not so interested in the one you mentioned, but I'm sure it's great. I would like to get a Ryzen with a G on the end, as that one saves on getting a graphics card. That way I can build a cheap general home type computer, and bin the laptop that is falling apart quickly! Wouldn't be used to play games and that on.

7. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Ryzen 3 3200G,Ryzen 5 3400G both 65w cpu's,are getting good reviews,stick them in a B450 board & you have a decent pc,need 8gb DDR4 3200mhz memory minimum,I prefer 16gb.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    BikerChris likes this.
  8. BikerChris

BikerChris Member

Yeah that's the kind of idea, I would get 16GB just in case and these days I don't think it costs that much. Plus I'm building it so saving some money there ;)

9. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

At the moment your looking at around £70 -£80 for 16mb, but memory prices are so volatile,end of last year I paid just short of £200 for 16gb of performance memory,today it's just £139.:(

BikerChris likes this.
  10. kitfit1

Unless for some reason you need to upgrade fast ? i would actually wait until Zen 3 is available on G parts. It may not be until after Xmas, but if you can wait that long it will be worth the wait. Much better GPU, along with a CPU that should blow anything else out of the water.

BikerChris likes this.
  11. BikerChris

BikerChris Member

Cheers for that mate, it is a low of my list of money out, so yeah I might wait a bit, cheers for that.

12. BikerChris

BikerChris Member

I had the same thing, paid loads for some a while back and now its half the price. That would be old stock now though.