Sandpaper grit

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Flembo, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Flembo

Flembo New Member

Hi all been searching for ages for some p20 grit paper, can someone point me in the right direction please.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Give MIRKA UK a call 01908 866100 they may be able to help or point you in the right direction, other possibilities are NORTON ABRASIVES, or 3M ABRASIVES.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  3. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

What's it for? Widely available 40 grit should be adequate for most jobs.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Hatton Garden? :cool:

5. Flembo

Flembo New Member

I need to remove paint from doors, however. The said doors seems to be painted with indestructible paint. I have tried to use a hot air gun on the doors but no luck does not blister, i have tried to use paint stripper that just sat on top, i then tried some p40 that seems to remove or at least dull the paint albeit slowly, very slowly. So i thought 20 grit.m I really do not know what the paint is on the doors, I cannot afford to get them chemically stripped.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Blowlamp?

7. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Are you trying to restore the doors to wood or get a decent finish for repainting? If you use 20 grit on wood by the time you've got all the scratches out you'll be able to see through the doors they'll be that thin. It sounds like a water based paint I think as most oil based will respond to heat.

Astramax likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If it's that hard, probably Dulux Diamond....:p:p:D;)..

9. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

I would suggest a different type of paint stripper rather than courser sandpaper.

10. Roys

Roys Screwfix Select

Or an electric planer

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Sound like a better idea would be to replace the doors.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  12. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Nitromors.