Screw hole filler for flatpack furniture?

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Flatpack dave, Sep 13, 2021.

  1. Flatpack dave

    Flatpack dave New Member

    Hi everyone

    Got a old flatpack wardrobe. A couple of the screw hole surrounds in the wood panelling have been enlarged as pic shows and so the screw dowels not secure. Is there a filler or putty of some sort I can put in? Cheers


    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  2. Wayners

    Wayners Screwfix Select

    Epoxy putty. Seen it sold in the range and diy plus hobby craft under different brands.
    Millyput is the well known one which I buy online.
    WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. Flatpack dave

    Flatpack dave New Member

    Cheers Wayners
    Wayners likes this.
  4. DIYDave.

    DIYDave. Screwfix Select

    Not sure how successful a repair will be as hole for cam stud and additional damage is so close to the edge of board

    Any repair / filler / putty / will rely on bonding to surrounding material for strength

    Worth a try, of course but could you add an additional fixing as well - metal bracket of some sort or plastic furniture block ?
    I-Man likes this.
  5. I-Man

    I-Man Screwfix Select

    Agree, use small L brackets or furniture blocks in this case

Share This Page