Screwdrivers

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by malkie129, Jun 30, 2018.

1. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I had to do a quick DIY job this afternoon. The 1st tool that I grabbed for was my 10.8V drill/driver. In 10 mins the job was "sorted". This made me think....When was the last time I used a hand screwdriver? Possibly for a mechanical adjustment,or on an electrical item, but otherwise? The "Yankee" screwdriver was the "Bee's knees" at one time, but I can't remember where mine is. How times have changed.....For the better, of course. :D

Heat, CGN and KIAB like this.
  2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Always use hand screwdriver when I need to feel and nip up a screw just right...and when I can't be arsed to get my wood chisels out the van :rolleyes:

Heat and malkie129 like this.
  3. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

The problem is the fact that we generally no longer do any screwing (by hand screwdrivers) has made us in the trade more limp wristed.

KIAB likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Used a real screwdriver yesterday, seems like hard work now and takes soooo loooooong compared to using a drill/driver.:confused:

Heat and KIAB like this.
  5. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

It is Darwins theory of evolution in process.
    A working man a few decades ago had to use his muscles a lot. Generally they were strong and thin.
    Now we push a button or squeeze a trigger and a machine does the work.
    Unless they go to the Gym etc, the typical modern man's body (due to his under activity and not burning off the food he eats) will become weak.
    The average bloke will have enlarged breasts, weak chubby limbs, a large beer belly and have a testosterone deficiency but an increased oestrogen.
    So generally look like most Builders around nowadays.

malkie129 and Astramax like this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I go to the Gym three times a week, well walk past it really!:D

malkie129 and Heat like this.