Screwfix and BandQ price difference ?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Deals' started by Philm9560, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

ERBAUER ECDT18-LI-2 18V 5.0AH LI-ION EXT BRUSHLESS CORDLESS COMBI DRILL (692HP)

This drill seems to be £120 at B and Q but still £199 at Screwfix.
    Frustrating because B and Q out of stock but can't mither Screwfix over price because of the great plague :(

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Don’t buy Erbauer, you’ll be doing yourself a favour ;)

Sparkielev and FlyByNight like this.
  3. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

Do you speak from experience ?
    Or just tool snobbery ?:)

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

There are lots of used bargains out there, but look out for DeWalt or Bosch.
    But it depends on what sort of work you are going to do.
    (apart from using it as a drill):)

5. masterdiy

BOTH.:)

Astramax, Jord86 and FlyByNight like this.
  6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

There is a Bosch https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gs...coolpack-brushless-cordless-combi-drill/813fx for £240 and I know which I would prefer. Three year warranty ...

As for B&Q price - that could be from when they were on promotion and the price not yet changed. Have seen it before where there is a low price and as soon as they are back in stock it ramps straight up.

Do you need 5AHr? It's a lot of weight and using continually will be an ache. I use a 2AH batteries with a 4AH for certain tasks and never have issues. When driving screws the 2AH will fully recharge before the second runs out.

masterdiy likes this.
  7. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

Haha fair enough.I'm self employed maintenance but I'm moving into property renovation.I'm currently in my second property.

My toys went out of the pram the other day when my feeble entry level Makita struggled to get through a joist because of lack of torque.

And I have heard good things about the Erbauer EXT stuff.I'm not yet in a position to dive into the Makita LXT stuff.

8. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

I have been weighing up this
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-dhp481z-18v-li-ion-lxt-brushless-cordless-combi-drill-bare/2486j

Then build up the batteries gradually.

The kit with 2 x 5ah batteries is a bit eyewateringly priced.

9. FlyByNight

Or bad technique or bad bits.

My 10+ year old 14.4v DeWalt Right Angle with NiCd cells will put a 25mm diameter hole through a joist without problems and using it correctly I can do a 38mm hole.

10. FlyByNight

You need to take a wider view - what other battery tools will you need? Then decide on ONE brand if you can and buy bare tools and have a pool of batteries to use.

Also, go and try them in your hands - I cannot work with DeWalt and find them uncomfortable, yes, I do have an old right angle drill but it was the only option. Whereas a friend who is great with DeWalt finds my Bosch difficult to handle.

11. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

Haha.I laboured for my electrician Uncle from 15 to 25 and had my **** kicked frequently until I could drill a joist properly .So I've always been confident with my technique

Definately the drill or the bit....

12. masterdiy

2.4 kg

13. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

14. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

15. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

:D:D Yes I walked into that one......

16. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Very much experience. In fairness their ancillaries such as tile hole jig, drill bits, gadgets and trinkets are decent and as good as any of the branded stuff, but their power tools are cack of the highest order.

17. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

Are you including their new flagship super duper EXT range in this ? Or the old stuff ? Before they allegedly pulled their socks up ?

18. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

No, their old stuff, I use tools for a living so I don’t see the point in paying money for erbauer tools when tried, tested and proven Dewalt, Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee etc are readily available for the same money or a touch more. Erbauer might be ok for putting up a picture or something but for anyone who does it day in and day out they’re not even a consideration.

Timbo66 likes this.
  19. Philm9560

Philm9560 New Member

Fair point.The prices are a lot closer than they used to be.

20. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

Just buy Makita. They have 18v tools for absolutely everything, including the garden, and variants to suit all budgets. I always see great deals for Makita kit/batteries, far more than any other brand.