Screwfix flat tower rad

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by billhicks, May 7, 2009.

1. billhicks

billhicks Member

Got one of these 31047...Seems straight forward enough to install except for one thing. You get 4 tiny wood screws that I assume are to hole the radiator onto the 4 wall supports. But the instructions state 'Insert the small screws into the sides of the wall supports ensuring the points DO NOT go through the plastic."

If the screw heads don't get through the plastic then how do they hold the radiator on? and...if they don't get screwed fully home you'll see the screws heads poking out...

Thought I best check before I F it up. I would have though they'd be grub screws or pointless screws, not wood screws.

2. Saint Standalone

Saint Standalone New Member

You position where you want the rad. Drill hole plug in wall position bracket. Put screw in. The nthere should be what I would call a sleeve to slide over which also allows for you to position the distance from the wall! Dont think I have explained this well but give it a go.

3. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

take no notice of anything from ponty, Loz or anyone with no name.

4. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

The screws just nip up the male/female parts of the brackets. Dead easy.