Screwfix Radiators and TRV's

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wheel-nut, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Wheel-nut

Wheel-nut Member

Have any of you Pro's used the Screwfix Radiators and TRV's? Are these of adequate quality and longevity?

The Radiator I am looking at is the 600mm x 1200mm Double Finned unit #10523-73 10,980Btu @ £62-99 and the TRV's are 20758-73 @ £5-99.

I have read bad reports of the Towel Radiators so would appreciate the benefit of your experience.

2. marc again

marc again New Member

i have not used then but id say the rads were ok but i would spend a bit extra for the trvs

3. ezecool

ezecool New Member

The rads screwfix sell are cheap and cheerful. Ok as a contract rad if you are doing job to a price.

I agree its worth spending a little extra and buying name brand TRV's and lockshields. Myson matchmaster for lockshields and Danfoss RASc2 TRVs are a good combo. You'll have to venture into a plumbers merchant to get those.

Martyn

4. Wheel-nut

Wheel-nut Member

Thanks Marc and Martyn. I will take your advice and get a better TRV. Are the Peglers TRV's any good? I have Danfoss on my home CH system and they seem to work well.