Securing a peninsular without drilling into floor

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by DaveHerts, May 5, 2022.

1. DaveHerts

DaveHerts Member

So, I am fitting a 1.1m long peninsular in my kitchen but I have underfloor wet heating so can't screw into the floor. What is the easiest and best way to secure the peninsular? to the adjoining cabinets and wall? Any other ideas? Using Ikea cabinets with Plykea fronts.
    upload_2022-5-5_12-37-31.png

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Cabinets and wall. The worktop will keep everything rigid as well. Absolutely no need to fix to floor even if you didn't have underfloor heating.

Tilt and CGN like this.
  3. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Does anyone fix kitchen units to the floor? ;)

4. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

That end panel needs some fixing.

If you have a timber floor use a couole of small brackets with 15/16 mm screws which will not penetrate the other side of te timber. If it is screed/concrete then a grabadhesive on the brackets should do it.

Or possibly a length of 2x1 stcuk to teh floor and small brackets screwed to that

5. Sneeze

Sneeze Member

If it’s a quartz end panel like mine the fitters siliconed it to the cabinet and ran a bead at the bottom. Can’t see it going anywhere.

6. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

And if it is an MDF end panel it will simply be secured by screwing to the cabinet side from the inside......