Self employed bailout

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Jord86, Mar 26, 2020.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Those living on the streets are technically 'getting through it', they are still alive.

If being alive is all that matters then what are we who don't live on the streets complaining about.
    Happy days, eh?

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Yeah you could be right I'm only guessing, you right about trump though he a bell end

3. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

@Brightsparks We get 80% of salary which if like me will be around 540 pcm...

I'd gladly not claim a penny and have the same tax arrangements going forward. All subbies are going to get HAMMERED on Nat Insurance going forward after this, chancellor has said something which alludes to this. Anyone self employed should do their best to have 3 months dough tucked away as a safety net.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

We probably won’t have the choice, even if you didn’t claim relief you’ll still be subject to whatever increases they see fit to implement once this goes. Based on your comment, you part time or something then Jim? Thought you worked on sites?

5. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

Director of own company @Jord86 same as @Brightsparks It's a tax efficient arrangement but then I don't expect the state to step in so always felt fair. However this is unprecedented people are not allowed to work in some cases due to gov intervention

Jord86 likes this.
  6. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

They have extended the time for a tax return, seems to be the one for jan 20. My son is still self employed but now also has a full time job and working from home. The virus hasn't made any difference so far to his business and probably wont so he is wondering what will happen. He also has a part time job mixed in but that has stopped.

Think back and there were signs that NHI was going to change anyway. May mentioned it. She specifically mentioned the old. Some will see that as fair but most of them spent many years paying for other peoples health and pensions. Many saved for their own pension as well. So looks like the self employed will be joining the club.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Never overstretch yourself. in the good times save for the bad times!:cool:

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

@Astramax click above link and explain o_O Then ring that bell

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The 'above link' has been removed. :eek:

10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

@Astramax I rang the bell early on. Pain we can't pm. We could plot .. lol

Ring the bell... That's it.. I'll type that if I see potential trouble from now on... Also means I rang it