Setting up as a painter and decorator.

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by tinasarah, Jul 4, 2007.

1. onelife

onelife New Member

Telmay,

"they are here to swap ideas and get help which we all ask for now and then"

So stick to just that, because I sure ain't interested in your abuse, so wind it in, they're just lame gestures.

My tips may suck, could it be that I work a full-time job on the tools way from my pc and not had time to type them up? Maybe you should post them for me, because looking at your post times it looks like you either ain't got a job, or don't have any work. Unless of course you're the only painter with a blackberry strapped to bib.

Either way stick to what I hope you know best P&D, cos next you'll be telling us all that the people with sign writing on their vans are guilty of free advertising, or those who put A boards out front, or drop leaflets or have business cards.

You may think this is your own private party because you've had time to write 1300+ posts, but guess what I've got my own invite and aim to stay.

xxx

2. jcts

jcts Active Member

Are you really prepared to lug heavy ladders around
    d all day, stand on a ladder with a skuttle of
    masonry paint in one hand and a heavy roller in the
    other (no free hand to hold on to the ladder

hooks mate

3. jcts

jcts Active Member

Telmay,

"they are here to swap ideas and get help which we
    all ask for now and then"

So stick to just that, because I sure ain't
    interested in your abuse, so wind it in, they're just
    lame gestures.

My tips may suck, could it be that I work a full-time
    job on the tools way from my pc and not had time to
    type them up? Maybe you should post them for me,
    because looking at your post times it looks like you
    either ain't got a job, or don't have any work.
    Unless of course you're the only painter with a
    blackberry strapped to bib.

Either way stick to what I hope you know best P&D,
    cos next you'll be telling us all that the people
    with sign writing on their vans are guilty of free
    advertising, or those who put A boards out front, or
    drop leaflets or have business cards.

You may think this is your own private party because
    you've had time to write 1300+ posts, but guess what
    I've got my own invite and aim to stay.

xxx

:'( oh god

4. jcts

jcts Active Member

You may think this is your own private party because you've had time to write 1300+ posts

what's the number of post's he or any other person has made? also in relation to times, some of my times are a bit funny. sometimes i take days off, or pop back to have a bit of lunch if working local, or have to sort some things out that crop up in life

5. jcts

jcts Active Member

but guess what I've got my own invite and aim to stay.

haha :^O have you really who gave you that? i aint got mine yet

6. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

Go for it Onelife, you are only here once

7. Telmay

Telmay New Member

Here fishy fishy fishy, nice big hook for you ;)

So where do we start with this one then!!!!

So stick to just that, because I sure ain't interested in your abuse, so wind it in, they're just lame gestures - You must be because you took the time to reply, and if your agreeing with me about the usage of this forum then no probs, afteral it was yourself that posted a link with your business details, so you now see my point then?

My tips may suck, could it be that I work a full-time job on the tools way from my pc and not had time to type them up? Maybe you should post them for me, because looking at your post times it looks like you either ain't got a job, or don't have any work. Unless of course you're the only painter with a blackberry strapped to bib. - I work full time too, infact very busy at the moment flat out on 7 day weeks and booked now till end of Nov, I post when I want and when I have spare time some times I work nights, odd times to fit in with my customers. And i cetainly do not wear a bib! And by the way if your interested I took the time to read your page and its the ramblings about choice of brush, or non choice of brush I am getting at, i.e. the tip that rambles on and goes nowhere.

Either way stick to what I hope you know best P&D, cos next you'll be telling us all that the people with sign writing on their vans are guilty of free advertising, or those who put A boards out front, or drop leaflets or have business cards. - Of course not that would be very very silly, there is no problem with sign written vans or business cards, A boards or even some bloke walkingthe streets with a sandwich board, but there is a time and a place for self promotion, just that this is not the place.

You may think this is your own private party because you've had time to write 1300+ posts, but guess what I've got my own invite and aim to stay. Not my private party at all, unless of course your daft enough to think so and your going to muscle in and flex your muscles :) There are many users on here, some regulars like myself who have been posteing for a few years which is how you get to 1300+ postings, also you will find that there are a few users on here who take time to answer questions and give advice whenever possible without the need to promote themselves or their business, also some times it can be a bit of a laugh.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

<u>I've got my own invite and aim to stay.</u>

nolife get alife

9. onelife

onelife New Member

"nolife get alife"? Do it again... again...

Should that read "no life get a life"? I'll give you 5/10 for effort. I take it you use a spell checker for quotes?

10. jcts

jcts Active Member

also some times it can be a bit of a laugh.

esp when you get idiots on here like him

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

onelife, thank you for your 5/10 effort mark, I feel humbled as you've managed to wind most people up on this forum in only 9 postings. Therefore you win having scored 10/10 for star quality but alas only 3/10 for the boring web link.

12. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

What web link is that? We should see a lot more of them please

13. onelife

onelife New Member

Now I didn't promise it was going to be an exciting link ;)

Telmay, I've even added a comment about my choice of brushes, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry not allowed to post more links, shame. Hopefully the forum admin will bring this forums software out of the dark ages and inline with the rest of world.

14. prep it

prep it New Member

Imagine coming on here looking for advice, you'd think what a bunch of bloody nutters..................and you'd be right :)

15. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

Imagine coming on here looking for advice, you'd
    think what a bunch of bloody
    nutters..................and you'd be right :)

Yeah, one has nolife and the other one's stupid :^O

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are "no life" and "stupid" sharing a brain cell?

17. onelife

onelife New Member

"Are "no life" and "stupid" sharing a brain cell? "

I'm happy to share my bit of the cell with you :)

18. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

I'm with you amateurs BB, as my single brain cell makes me look like a mastermind compared to some of you muppets ;)

19. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

Ha ha. Not only stupid but a comedian as well :^O

20. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

aye, you need a sense of humour when dealing with the likes of Bertie Bassat