Shed Guttering / Fascia Board Help Needed

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by OSBAli, Sep 15, 2017.

1. OSBAli

OSBAli New Member

Hi Gents,
    Excuse me for asking an obvious question however I have looked around and cant seem to find the answer:
    I am building a shed (its actually a gym but lets just call it a shed for now ... :)) and I have covered the roof with felt underlay, and then another top sheet of felt down with nails and bitumen sticky glue stuff.
    Currently, I have the felt overhanging the eaves until I figure out how to pin it back and neaten it up properly. Its starting to rain a bit so I am thinking I need to sort this. I know not the best way to do a DIY project .... but the question is - on a typical shed what is the best way to complete the roof.
    In my mind it would be to:
    - Put the roof down, pin the felt back under eaves to neaten up, and then install a fascia board over the felt, install and nail guttering to fascia board? No? But it gets me thinking that water would penetrate into the gap between the fasica board and felt. Its like this on a lot of potting sheds I see, mine is much bigger and not your normal shed - a single pitched roof I might add. Given the above, can you advise on how best to install fascia/overlay felt/guttering?
    Many thanks in advance gents,

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

To start you off, you have to remember that the roof felt should end up with a drip all round(it can be flat to the fascia on the sides with no gutter, and batten spaced gutter side). That is, all your felt is over and outside everything timber.