Shock arrester and Warranty

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PlumbyGas, Sep 1, 2021.

1. PlumbyGas

PlumbyGas Member

Good evening,

Just a quick one as I am not sure where to look. I have been to a customer today who has had an awful Combi boiler installed very recently.
    I was there for a different leak but I happened to run a tap and they have knocking ever since having the new boiler was fitted. I noticed no shock arrestor on the cold inlet to boiler and they recently had a water meter fitted also. I was asked if not having an arrestor would void their warranty on the boiler and I wasn’t actually sure!
    I know its good practice to fit them on pretty much everything now especially with the amount of plastic components in boilers. But does it as a rule of thumb actually void the warranty? Or is it a case of looking through each boilers MIs?

Cheers
    Plumby

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    for the warranty to be valid it must be installed as per manufactures instruction.
    water hammer, is caused by the pipes not clipped or not secured properly. usually speed-fit or similar ,
    and flexi tap connectors.
    it can be difficult to stop water hammer, it can be a problem ball valve !

so often an arrester is an easy answer.
    it can be a simple section of vertical 22mm pipe with a solder cap, (trapping air) this will act as an arrester.

regards