Should I downgrade shower to 8.5kw from 9.5kw on 6mm cable

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by neilw123, Jan 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

No fraud here Big Bazza....It can't be fraud if it's true can it?

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Well you missed the obvious then...

Replacing an existing 9.5kw shower (about 7 years old). The existing cable run is 10m clipped to the wall/behind uninsulated studwall and is 6mm connected to a 40amp mcb. My shower being replaced is an Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw and there's never been any trips.

If that's the shower he has and he wants to replace it..so why give him calcs based on two different showers of different power ratings? It's so, so simple it hurts.

3. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Hello? You changed my post.

Oh yes, diversion tactics to take away from the fact you were wrong and will not discuss it.

Very sad from a so called pro when you call our professional "diyers".

4. leesparkykent

Yeah where does it's say 9.5KW at 230V or 240V? Robs post assumes it's 230V... I provided both calculations to Rob and not the OP. You seem to have a major problem with that?

5. leesparkykent

Maybe you need to go to bed Big Bazza...It's obviously all too much for you. You say you won't respond any more then you do several times. People can see you for what you are...

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Jeez, in the FREAKING MANUAL!!! You know that thing you look in when your actually installing one.

The clue for the hard of thinking is in bold from the op..

Replacing an existing 9.5kw shower (about 7 years old). The existing cable run is 10m clipped to the wall/behind uninsulated studwall and is 6mm connected to a 40amp mcb. My shower being replaced is an Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw and there's never been any trips.

So...

Anyway, @leesparkykent your calcs are based on a shower with two separate power ratings, one based on a voltage of 230v and one on a voltage of 240v. This has no bearing on the op's q. Do you or do you not agree with this simple statement? Yes or no. It's that simple.

7. leesparkykent

The Opening post doesn't provide the manual does it? My calculation wasn't to the opening post was it? My 1st post to the opening post was the one above...you chose to ignore this then get your knickers in a twist over it..

8. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Your advice, as an "expert" on the forum is confused the beejeezus out of the op when all the information is blindingly obvious as to what he wants to do?

Replacing an existing 9.5kw shower (about 7 years old). The existing cable run is 10m clipped to the wall/behind uninsulated studwall and is 6mm connected to a 40amp mcb. My shower being replaced is an Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw* and there's never been any trips.

*this is the shower he wants to replace - you can look up the manual on the OEM's website - it gives values @ 240v.

So...

Anyway, @leesparkykent your calcs are based on a shower with two separate power ratings, one based on a voltage of 230v and one on a voltage of 240v. This has no bearing on the op's q. Do you or do you not agree with this simple statement? Yes or no. It's that simple.

9. Bazza-spark

I have to say Lee, you are incredible (tongue in cheek).

When you are proved wrong you are like Paul Daniels. Your sleight of hand in diverting people to think we are wrong is excellent. You are not happy unless you are on top of the argument, right or wrong.

Your facts and figures are wrong, I have offered you the opportunity to discuss it and prove me wrong, and you have refused and resorted yet again to insults. I really hope people can see you for the pathetic fraud you are.

I feel very sorry for your customers and fear for their safety.

10. leesparkykent

Why do you keep repeating the same tripe? My post that you are a quoting wasn't to the OP was it? So I don't understand why you keep asking if I agree if it has a bearing on the Op's Q....Its irrelevant if it does or doesn't having a bearing on the opening post as the post wasn't quoting the opening post....Its like me repeatedly asking you if a post you've quoted bazza~spark in has a bearing on the opening post...It would be irrelevant...I struggle to see how you can't grasp such simple things.

11. Bazza-spark

And you cant grasp simple things like answering my question.

12. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Your advice, as an "expert" on the forum is confused the beejeezus out of the op when all the information is blindingly obvious as to what he wants to do?

My shower being replaced is an Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw* and there's never been any trips.

*this is the shower he wants to replace - you can look up the manual on the OEM's website - it gives values @ 240v.

So...

13. leesparkykent

You are wrong and the reason you find it incredible is because you know I'm right but are committed to what you've said....Don't worry though I am one of the many who can see past that. It amazes me you've managed to masquerade as an electrician/engineer (what ever you proclaim to be) for so long as it's clear you are a chancer.

14. leesparkykent

Why do you keep repeating the same tripe? My post that you are a quoting wasn't to the OP was it? So I don't understand why you keep asking if I agree if it has a bearing on the Op's Q....Its irrelevant if it does or doesn't having a bearing on the opening post as the post wasn't quoting the opening post....Its like me repeatedly asking you if a post you've quoted bazza~spark in has a bearing on the opening post...It would be irrelevant...I struggle to see how you can't grasp such simple things.

15. leesparkykent

I've answered the questions...Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I haven't answered...You can twist how you like.

16. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Replacing an existing 9.5kw shower (about 7 years old). The existing cable run is 10m clipped to the wall/behind uninsulated studwall and is 6mm connected to a 40amp mcb. My shower being replaced is an Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw* and there's never been any trips.

So...

17. leesparkykent

I won't resort to your childish behaviour and play ground tatics. You question is irrelevant as my post you are quoting wasn't directed to the OP. You are obviously so blinkered with envy that can't see that (I'll give you a clue...actually read the post and you will see I've quoted someone else other than the OP). So your conclusion of your question that says "yes or no. It's that simple" is irrelevant. As it's irrelevant because it wasn't directed at the OP then I can't possibly answer your daft question as I'm not the OP. As I'm not the OP it's impossible for me to know if my post that wasn't directed at or even quoting the OP has any relevance to the OPs question in the the OP.

18. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Ok, lets try a more basic approach.

These calcs below (they are yours, you posted them, and you are the time served expert (you have pointed this out many times))...

Would it be fair to say they show the power ratings for two different showers? Yes or No?

19. leesparkykent

one calculation is for a shower with a rating of 9.5KW at 230V.

The other calculation is for a shower with a rating of 9.5KW at 240v.

20. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Ah progress at last. So, the op said he wanted to replace a Aqualiser Quartz 9.5kw* Yes or No?