Should I have an air test after removing asbestos?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by sevenupcan, Sep 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sevenupcan

sevenupcan New Member

I've been looking at quotes to remove an asbestos cement board from under out stairs cupboard and I was asked if I needed an air test included in the quote. I'm guessing the obvious answer is yes, but I wanted to know if any other members have had asbestos removed and what you did?

The only reason I'm thinking against paying for an air test is because it's the only asbestos in the house and considering it will be removed by an asbestos removal company I'm not sure I see the value in paying for one. The asbestos being removed is unlicensed and I've been told it's not mandatory to do an air test. Not really sure what that means apart from I'm not forced to do an air test.

2. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

It's not mandatory for this type of product if it's in decent condition. You could ask the removal compatible to self certify the removal and disposal. Air test would be for added piece of mind and would be carried out by an independent UKAS accredited analyst.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Why are you removing it. ??

4. sevenupcan

sevenupcan New Member

We're remodeling the house and its in the way of the bit we're changing.

5. sevenupcan

sevenupcan New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will probably talk in more detail with whoever removes it.