Should i tank this area in my wetroom?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by MissBuilding1974, Mar 10, 2022.

1. MissBuilding1974

MissBuilding1974 New Member

Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this is a wetroom, therefore, all areas should be tanked. However, I have created a large concrete step that is spirit levelled and my worry is if I tank this area then should any water ingress via condensation etc, then it may pool and stay there underneath the tile.

However, when you come off the step you then approach the sloped floor linear drain, which I tanked.

The water itself should never hit the levelled step area it may get splashes but that's all. I am just worried if I tank this area then should any water get there may start pooling underneath it shouldn't but this can never be guaranteed.

I made the silly mistake of not slightly slopping this towards the sloping floor. The reason why I question whether I should tank this or not is that if any water does pass through, then this could be soaked up by the porous concrete and earth below as it's on the ground floor.

Maybe my logic is wrong, though, please correct me if so and what would you do? thanks to all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Tank it. You’ll have a full bed of tile adhesive under the tiles anyway, so if any water did get through, it’s not going to soak away.