Should I turn off combi for summer holiday?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tonym123, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Tonym123

Tonym123 New Member

Hi

Apologies for being clueless.

Recently had a new Baxi 830 combi boiler that replaced my back boiler so no experience with a combi. Going on holiday tomorrow and want to know if it’s okay/safe to turn of power and gas supply and water at the stop cock?

It’s all set up so don’t want to mess it up or damage it. Or just leave it on?

Thanks

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Why do you want to turn off the gas and water? Just turn off the boiler

3. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

Some people turn the water off to there properties when they go on holiday.

4. Tonym123

Tonym123 New Member

As I said no experience with a combi so looking at what is best to do, thanks,

5. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

Be fine to turn it it all off if u wish.
    Depending on if u have a built in programmer or a separate one, u might have to reprogram me it when u return

teabreak likes this.
  6. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Personally see no reason to turn off gas and water

7. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

I don’t do it myself, but it’s obviously incase a pipe bursts or you get a leak whilst you are away. Can see why people do it

8. jonathanc

jonathanc Screwfix Select

Turn it off. It will be fine and guaranteed not to use any gas either.

always best to turn water off. Burst pipes are rare but a massive mess if they happen

pppmacca43 likes this.
  9. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I turn my water off, even a small leak can build up over a week or two ! But gas, no

10. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Don't turn off the electricity to the boiler, many have a built in program that runs the pump for a few seconds every day when not used

11. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I always turn the water off at the stop even if I am just away for a couple of days, I must have a touch of OCD about me because I know for certain I would obsess about it if I didn't.

12. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Good suggestion , especially in winter as the boiler can’t protect itself against freezing “