Shower flow problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by stop cock, Jan 11, 2007.

1. stop cock

stop cock New Member

Visited a 3 year old Wimpy house where the customers have a problem with the cold water flow in their two en-suite showers. They said that since the house was built they were'nt happy with the flow but now the cold is just a 'trickle'.
    Both showers are gravity fed (hot & cold) with no pump. The feed from the header tank enters the airing cupboard and T's off to 15mm under the floor boards to travel I should imagine 6 metres to get to each en-suite. The hot supply is 15mm from the storage cylinder as well.
    When I visited I did'nt have any tools as I was in my car and just went to have a look so nothing checked physically.
    Is this purely a bad design and any ideas for remedy.

2. M.I.G.

M.I.G. New Member

the answer is in your question

all pipework should've been run in 22mm, this will give a higher flow rate.

3. stop cock

stop cock New Member

I appreciate that but to rip up the carpet, lino and floor boards that cover 6 metres in either direction is pretty major for a three year old house.
    I was wandering if a pump could cope with feeding into 15mm to two showers over that distance.

4. tgs

tgs New Member

I think something like the RSP75 from SF would fit the bill. I would be inclined to fit a new 22mm supply from both hot and cold to the pump and then into the 15mm to the showers.

The hot supply definitely needs to be from a flange of some sort.(preferably essex)

At a lower cost the CT50 would still provide an improvement but you might want to ask Salamander about this.