Shower head cleaning

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bodgy tuppagen, Aug 29, 2004.

1. bodgy tuppagen

bodgy tuppagen New Member

I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask.
    The missus wants the shower head cleaning (it's a mira fixed shower head) but I can't get the damned thing off to take to bits and clean all behind it and everywhere. How do I get all the bits off and dismantled without actually breaking it? I can get the outer ring off which changes the type of flow (pulse to thick spray to fine spray from the triangles on the outside) but it just feels like I will break it if try and lever it out or just pull it off. Please help!

2. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Hi Bodgy,

The Mira fixed head shower is detached by pushing a thin screwdriver through a small hole in the top to depress a locking lug inside. This will allow you to turn the whole head off of its bayonet fixing.

If you can link to this PDF off Mira's site it shows you this more clearly.

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/p29975.pdf

Get a bowl that you can rest the rose of the shower head in and pore in some Viakal to cover just the rose and this will degunge it.

Hope this helps

DWD

3. Gwatchmai

Gwatchmai New Member

Good on your missus. Legionella, can exsist there, and we clean the shower heads every three months. bearing in mind that there are approximately 200 showers in the steel works. For the time it takes i think it is a very good idea.

4. bodgy tuppagen

bodgy tuppagen New Member

cheers fellas - jobs a guddun! missus is delighted an for a simple bank holiday task I am getting more good books than I probably deserve!