Shower not draining

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by CraigStirton, Aug 24, 2021.

1. CraigStirton

CraigStirton New Member

Hi,
    I have had an issue with my bathroom shower drain backing up for a while now. I have tried unblocker, plunger, removing and inspecting drain pipework under cubicle but there is no blockage issue I can see.
    I have had another look today and have noticed if I run the water in the bath or sink (in the same bathroom) while the shower is on, the shower drains fine. As soon as I stop running the water in the bath or sink the shower starts backing up again.
    The house is a new build (3 1/2 years old), could this issue be down to poorly run drain pipework or is there anything else I am missing.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. kiaora

kiaora Screwfix Select

Hi
    Yes, you probable have the answer,
    If the waste pipe, is not installed with a gentle fall, but has a few ups and downs, it will cause the problem you are getting,

no doubt getting access to the pipe is a problem, but that’s what you need, in my view,

I went the a new build recently, and the bathroom install, was very unprofessional,
    The bath Center support bracket was not fitted and the waste pipe was flat along the floor! About a 2m run

Good luck

CraigStirton likes this.
  3. CraigStirton

CraigStirton New Member

Thanks very much for your reply kiaora.

That was my thinking aswell, but I was hoping there was an issue that was more accessible to fix lol. New build homes are not all they are cracked up to be.

Cheers

4. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

If u can prove it’s installed incorrectly could it be covered under guarantee?