Shower pressure issue.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by davidnb, May 10, 2020.

1. davidnb

davidnb Member

I have an electric shower that has a low flow. A friend has the same identical shower and the flow is much better. I am sure that the issue is that the cold storage tank in the loft is not high enough above the shower. I cannot raise the tank as the pitch of the roof makes this impossible. At the moment the shower is supplied from the tank. I am wondering if I would get better pressure if I connect the shower directly to the rising cold water main. I presume the reason for not doing this is that the pressure is not stable if a downstairs tap is turned on. But I live alone.... what would be the advice of any professionals out there? Thanks.

2. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Most electric showers are designed to only run off mains pressure, but check your spec before changing. What shower do you have?

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Connect it to the mains cold water if it is an instantaneous electric shower.

4. davidnb

davidnb Member

It's a Mira Sprint.

5. davidnb

davidnb Member

It's a Mira Sprint

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Connect it to mains cold.

7. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

As above. Are you sure it’s fed from your tank at the moment?

8. aaronmiles

aaronmiles New Member

I would suggest you the same and see that you connect it to the mains cold water. Let us know if anything needed!