Shower pump for mixer tap?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DaveHerts, Jan 6, 2017.

1. DaveHerts

DaveHerts Member

So I am redoing my main bathroom and we are using a standalone bath and floor mounted tap. The tap needs 2 BAR and I have a gravity fed system. The bathroom is on the same level as the hot water tank and one floor below the cold water tank so not much head pressure.

Can I use a standard shower pump rated at over 2 BAR to make this work? The tap is a thermostatic type so much the same as a shower valve.

Thanks

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Call Stuart Turner - pump assist and ask them which of their pumps they recommend - they have 2, 2.5 and 3 bar version with differing flow rates too. There are also differing quality and styles.

3. DaveHerts

DaveHerts Member

Will do, thanks

4. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

If you're doing the bathroom take the opportunity to fit an unvented cylinder, assuming your on mains.

With a pump you have to consider dedicated pipe runs, offtake from cylinder, electrics, lifespan, noise, room in the airing cupboard, I always find the cylinder to be more cost effective all things considered.