Shower riser kit

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by C J ord, Aug 12, 2018.

1. C J ord

C J ord Member

Hello

Which is better riser kit or plywood base.

I have been let down by my fitter and and have no bathroom I now have the nightmare of a living room full of bathroom units,boxes, timber and sheets of ply. The bathroom has been ripped out ready but I am now going to have to do the job myself and need shower tray installed asap. I have a JT Fusion Quadrant which the fitter was going to install on a 4x2 timber and 18mm ply platform.

I note that the tray has also been designed to be put up with a riser kit which will be easier. If I use this this can I also prop up with the timber to strengthen it.

If I put it on a plywood base will the tray not move around as there is nothing fixing the tray apart from a weak bed of mortar which I presume will break down in time.

Please help.

Col

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. terrymac

terrymac Well-Known Member

If your tray has been designed for use with a riser kit then go for it. Just make sure the floor in the areas where the feet stand is solid.

3. C J ord

C J ord Member

Thank you terrymac

terrymac likes this.
  4. NoOhmToGoTo

NoOhmToGoTo Active Member

Riser kit x 2

5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Well-Known Member

I've used the fusion riser kit and it works well. As has been said, make sure the floor it stands on is solid. I put down an 18mm ply pad over the boards and stood on that. Using the riser kit makes plumbing easy.