Shower sealing

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by C00per, Dec 1, 2020.

1. C00per

C00per Member

Hi, I am carrying out a job of sealing a shower with silicone sealant I was told 1 tube of sealer would do for the whole shower, but I have run out just before I have finished sealing the whole shower. My question is am I able to get another tube of silicone tomorrow and finish sealing the shower or would this be a bad idea. I am dreading the fact I may have to remove the sealant I have just put on and start again. Anyone have any advice on this?? Many thanks

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

You could restart the job next year and it would be fine! No need to do it all in one go.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Yeah. Some do opposite ends and allow to dry to get nice corners. Better to start and stop in a corner but you will be fine.

4. C00per

C00per Member

Hi, thanks for your reply, I am assuming that you are saying I could finished the job tomorrow and redo it again in a year is so. And it would be ok.

5. C00per

C00per Member

Hi Wagners, thanks for your reply. I just wasn't sure if the new wet silicone would stick to the new bit that has set or went off. I will get a new tube tomorrow morning first thing and then finish it off and hope there is no leaks. Thanks again

6. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

No, that's not what he's saying, lol

7. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

No ... I'm saying that you can do half of it in 2020 and the other half in 2021 and it would still be fine.

8. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Think the op is concerned about the point where old meets new

9. Jiml86

Jiml86 Screwfix Select

Just overlap a little at the join and feather the new stuff out. Nobody will notice any difference